TNHG: 2023: Leader In Action - Brownie Quest Journey

Congratulations to Caitlyn, Jody, Mai Anh and Tam for completing their Leader in Action (LiA). They taught the Brownies (San, Adira, Eliza, Celine, Elysa, and Diana) to work on the Quest Journey. - Photo album

---

2023 LiA: Brownie Quest Journey



Team: Caitlyn, Jody, Mai Anh, and Tam

Start date: 7/16/2023

End date: 10/1/2023



Objective: The girls learn how to take care of themselves, and their community. Going on a journey to find three keys and on this journey they learn different leaderships. 



Teaching Plan


JULY 16 - Session 1: introduction, ice breakers - pages from 5-21, pages skipped 4, 8, 9, 17


what we are teaching : we will introduce the topic, such as leadership, teamwork, what and who they care about, and what they’re good at. Also talking about the Brownie Quest.


Activities: ice breaker






















JULY 23  - Session 2: pages 22-43, pages skipped 27, 28, 29, 31, 38,39, 40, 41, 42, 43


what we are teaching : we are teaching about their skills and talents, plus what they care about. 


Activities:  drawing themself and what they like 

























AUGUST 13 - Session 3: pages 44-65, skipped, 48, 50, 53, 56, 57, 62, 63, 64


what we are teaching : learning about your values, family, being healthy, and leadership. But most importantly helping others with your skills you have.


Activities:: treasure hunt 






















AUGUST 27 - Session 4: pages 66-74, skipped 67, 72, 


What we are teaching : what is take action


Activities:























SEPTEMBER 17 - Session 5: TAP Planning



























SEPTEMBER 24 - Session 6: Take Action


























OCTOBER 1 - Session 7: Journey and LiA Oral Report







LiA Reflections


Caitlyn: In June 2023, My team and I started planning the LiA award. In our award we would be helping the brownies with their Brownie Quest Journey. On July 16th 2023, we started leading brownies to do the Brownie Quest Journey. Jody and Tam did sessions 1 and 2 while Me and Mai Anh did session 3 and 4 together. And then we all worked together for the last two. It was hard working with people a lot younger than us and trying to get them to listen. We all worked together to coordinate snacks and activities so we can make it more fun for the brownies. Overall I think it helped me learn how to teach other people and learn how to be a leader. It helped me learn more about the brownies and showed me what each brownie is like.


Jody: The LIA badge gave me lots of experience working with my scout sisters and the younger scouts. It gave me and my team a chance to work with younger girls and teach them. We taught them about the environment and how we can fix it. A problem in the environment was there was lots of trash and caused the environment to be dirty. A way we solved this problem was that we picked up trash at the park and on our free time we can pick up trash at beaches and parks if we have the chance. This taught us and the younger scouts to keep our environment clean and nice for everyone. The girls also learned how problems in the environment and what they can do to help fix these issues. Throughout each session we taught the girls how to work with each other and help each other. To sum it all, this experience helped me with working with younger girls and taught them how to work together and collaborate.


Mai Anh: The LIA experience gave our team a chance to interact with the younger scouts and help guide them. The LiA made us plan and lead lessons by ourselves. Working together to come up with ideas and plans to fully engage and do our best to divide up lessons to fully bring out the best experience for the Brownies. It soon quickly dawned on me that we weren’t very experienced with working with younger kids. But this later was solved as we had learned and adjusted over time on how to keep their attention better and what their personalities were like. The LiA taught me how to step out of my shell and improve on how passive I was sometimes. But, also, this experience taught me how to become a leader, plus how to work with others more. Not only that but it had a lesson of responsibility and planning.


Tam: The LIA award was a great experience for me. I know that sounds cliche and all, but it truly was. It felt like we were thrown into a pit and having to figure out how to fend ourselves. Instead of being told exactly what to do, WE had to make the lesson plan, WE had to figure out how we’re going to teach them. Working with the brownies forced me to figure out ways to work with them even when they wouldn’t listen, how to make them listen, and basically how to work with kids. Over the few weeks we worked with them, I got to figure out their personalities and how they were motivated, which ones worked faster, which ones had a harder time with things. It showed me how to work with kids with a range of abilities. In the end, I’m really glad I chose to do the LIA. It gave me an opportunity to learn how to work with kids, and I actually enjoyed doing so. While I’m sure we could have had much better planning, I’m proud of what we did and would do it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VSC 2024 Lunar New Year Event - February 25

LDTG: 2024: Picnic at Hellyer Park